Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Day #3

I'm a little behind on posting an update on my cleaning progress.  At some point on Monday, our internet stopped working so my plan for posting about the day after the kids were in bed were delayed until now.  The internet was still not working all day yesterday, so I was happy that it's up and running again today!
So, day #3 was dedicated to the kitchen countertops on the other side of the kitchen.  This side looks pretty good now even with the few extra things sitting on it waiting for me to find a place in the cupboards when I get around to cleaning them out.
I started out by taking all the stuff off the counters and just piling it on the kitchen table.  Then, before I moved the microwave, I cleaned that out.  Best trick ever: 2 cup glass measuring cup half full with 1 Tablespoon vinegar.  Place in microwave and "cook" for 5 minutes (or long enough to get a nice steam in the microwave).  Then, I used the sponge for the dishes and pretty much just wiped out the splatters.  It was so slick and I don't have to worry about any "chemicals" being left behind in there to cook in our food.  I also tried the lemon juice trick (just google it), but it didn't work as well as the vinegar.  And, the vinegar didn't leave the house spelling like pickles as it was just a small amount and the slight scent disippated (sp?) quickly.
After cleaning the microwave inside and out, I moved on to the upper kitchen cupboards.  I washed down the outside of all my uppers.  I'll have to do some washing down when I get to cleaning out the inside of the cupboards, but at least the outside looks clean.  I also washed down the fridge and got rid of a bunch of magnets that I either didn't like or that the kids have destroyed (the free ones from business).
I also have two bins sitting on the counter with some craft stuff for the kids.  This is only part of the crafty stuff that I have for them, but it was nice to get rid of a few things in those.  Then, the Christmas cards.  Yes, I still hadn't gotten rid of this years Christmas cards we received.  They were all piled in once place (with my purse on top).  I'm not a saver of that type of thing, so they pretty much all went to the trash except 3 if I remember right.  Perhaps after I do the dishes today, I'll take some pictures and post them so you can see the clean and organized countertops.  Perhaps.  :)
Today was somewhat of a challenge.  The day started out well, but then my son wasn't feeling the greatest.  The poor little guy was running to the bathroom almost every 20 minutes.  I'd just get going again on the kitchen when he'd holler from the bathroom, "Mommy!  Can you come wipe my butt?"  His little bum is so red and he cries when I have to wipe him. :(  Thankfully he was doing better yesterday and so far today.  Now his little bum just needs to heal.  Thank God for bananas!  :)
Yesterday was a day off as Little Man needed some Mommy-time.  It was nice to just hang out and chill with him.  That's why I'm a SAHM!  Now, working on the motivation to do some more cleaning today, but have to be done by 3pm as my oldest has an eye doctor appointment today.

Bag total for Monday:
Trash: 2 grocery bags
Goodwill: 1 large bag

No comments:

Post a Comment