Sunday, March 13, 2011

Day #2: Kitchen Countertops

Today was a little more challenging in a couple ways.  First, this is where things start to get a little more sentimental.  I have piles of papers which also include my girls' school artwork and accomplishments.  The other way it was challenging was that it's Saturday which means I have 3 children at home instead of just Jacob.  The girls are much more nosy and concerned about what Mommy might be throwing in the trash where as Jacob just looks and then walks away (normally).
So, after sleeping in a little today and then getting started after I fed the kids lunch.  I figured it probably wasn't a good idea to not feed them all day! He-he.  I decided to start on the corner counter that goes between the stove and the sink.  This is usually the catch-all place for the mail, schoolwork, coupons, medicines used very regularly, and the dirty dishes so there was quite a bit to go thru.  I sorted all the papers into different piles on the table: save, trash, Aaron's, coupons, and "doesn't belong in this room".  Once I got the counter cleared off, I washed it and the wall behind it.  Then, the small 6 inch countertop between the stove and the fridge.  I also cleaned the toaster, timer, knife block, vent hood, tile behind the stove, and the top of the stove including the drip pans.  That took a lot of work to get them sparkling clean!  My arm will probably be sore tomorrow.  It's so nice to see the countertop!
Tomorrow is a day off for me.  Sunday is the Sabbath for me and I will not be spending it cleaning and purging; it will be spent with my husband and kids.  40 bags in 40 days will start up again on Monday with more cleaning in the kitchen.

Bag total over the last two days:
Trash: 2
Give: 1 large and 1 partial grocery bag

2 comments:

  1. You'll be fine :) I have to tell you... I was just clicking through the link's on the site and didnt realize this was your blog and I started reading and I thought, huh..Angie made those bows... and that necklace... wonder if they are friends... oh wait...... :D You'll have to let me know how it went, I got side tracked this weekend, I have to finish my bedroom and maybe add a day on the end... yikes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just wanted to say thank you SO much for the comment on my last blog post. That was so beyond sweet of you. I really, really appreciate your kind words
    I just read through your last couple of posts - you have totally inspired me to start cleaning/organizing/purging... now if I could only decide where to start.... :)

    ReplyDelete