Saturday, March 26, 2011

Day #7 - Fridge Freezer

My organizing and purging didn't happen until this evening.  Aaron & I went to Grand Forks for the day for some thrift store shopping and to get groceries.  The shopping was a success: Aaron got 2 pair of pants for work, I found an orange summer t-shirt, a silk scarf, and an orange/yellow/brown/black dress for myself, and a brown shirt for Hailey to wear under her Easter dress.  We spent most of the day in Grand Forks.  It's almost like we transported to a different part of the country because they hardly got any of the snow from a couple days ago.  You could see all kinds of grass and landscaping...things we were starting to see before our 20 inches of snow!
On Wednesday afternoon, some friends (& neighbors) of ours took advantage of the snow day to clean out their daughter's "too small" clothes and asked if we'd like them.  I've gone thru the clothes with the girls and of course, they wanted to keep almost all of the clothes, so that means that I now need to get out all of their "to grow in to" clothes so we can weed out some more clothes that they don't want.  That is definitely one thing I'm looking forward to when they stop growing...not having to sort thru clothes at least twice a year for all 3 kids!  So that project is ongoing for at least another day...meaning it's taken over the living room couch and the floor in front of it!  At least it's the weekend, so I can have the girls tell me "keep" or "give" since they don't have school.
Back to yesterday's project.  So, after getting the groceries in the house, I started to put everything away.  We usually buy a large box of the sliced cheese and then put it in the fridge freezer.  I haven't defrosted it for some time and yesterday was just the right time to do it.  I couldn't find a place for the box of cheese slices, so everything got taken out and put out in the entry until I defrosted the fridge.  It's so nice to be able to get everything in there and actually know what's in it(sticks of butter, chocolate chips, homemade bread from Gma, juice, etc.)!  Here's a photo of the after (I forgot to take a before).

1 comment: