Saturday, March 19, 2011

Day #5 - Kitchen Pantry

I tackled the kitchen pantry this afternoon.  I knew there'd be a lot of stuff throw out and I'm actually surprised that I fit all of that stuff in there!  I started by pulling everything out and putting it on the table.  I actually checked expiration dates as I took the stuff out so that I'd hopefully have enough room on the table.  I still ran out of room, but it was when I got to the paper products, so they just got put on the counter and were the last out and last put back in.  I also remembered to take some photos of the before and after, but the before was after I had emptied a few of the shelves (I forgot about it until then).

The stuff from the first couple of shelves (minus the expired food)

I look forward to actually being able to find things and to not have to worry about them being expired when I do!  For the day, I got two big bags of trash/expired food, filled up the thrift store bag from yesterday, and have a small box of food for the local food pantry.  I'll be dropping that box off on Tuesday when I head into town to help with the Fruits and Veggies program at the school.  Tomorrow is Sunday, so I'll be taking the day off.

1 comment: