Friday, April 1, 2011

More cleaning!

A couple posts ago, I mentioned getting clothes from a neighbor.  Well, that started the massive job of going thru my girls' clothes.  I have learned from past experiences, to do Hailey's first as it makes more work for me if I go thru Lexi's first.  It probably took a couple days for each girls' clothes.  We did an initial sort of the clothes with the girls telling me "keep" or "give".  The girls didn't do as well as I was hoping with the "give" because almost everything was "keep."  Hailey has told us many times that she doesn't like pink and to not get her anything pink anymore.  Well, a lot of the clothes she kept were pink!  I didn't understand at first, but then I started to notice a trend.  She was keeping everything that had any kind of embroidery, beads,  or sparkles on it irregardless of whether or not it was pink.  I had to keep telling her that if she wasn't ever going to wear it, then it shouldn't get put in their tubs/drawers and should go to someone who would wear it.  I also had to try to help her not worry about who gave it to her and to not keep it just because it was from so-and-so.
The last time I sorted the clothes with the girls, Lexi did a wonderful job of "giving" at least half, if not more, of her pile away.  I was so excited and really enjoyed that time and was hoping that was going to be the same case this time...but all it was, was wishful thinking.  She didn't do nearly as well as Hailey.  The whole time I was going thru the clothes with Hailey, Lexi kept commenting that Hailey was keeping a lot of clothes.  Then, she goes and keeps all but I think 1 shirt!  Silly girl.  She didn't think it was as fun when I kept commenting that she was keeping more than Hailey did! :)
Anyways, I was able to finally finish both girls' clothes and get them all back into their two tubs each.  We were given 5 not completely full garbage bags of clothes and we've replaced some of what the girls already had with the new-to-them clothes and have 4 full garbage bags ready to go to the thrift store.  It feels good to have that done, but not it's a matter of waiting for spring/summer to come so we can take out the new wardrobe.  :)

1 comment:

  1. Found another challenge for us: http://iheartorganizing.blogspot.com/ :)

    ReplyDelete