Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Hallway

I started a "photo a day for a whole year" project last year on January 1st.  I found 365 Project and throughoughly enjoyed posting pictures, getting comments, and following other photographers that were also participating.  One of the gals had posted a picture of a clever and great way to decorate and display her kids' artwork at the same time.  I just tried finding the picture of hers, but cannot find it. :(   Anyway, I had scanned the thrift stores for frames that I could spray paint black and use as the kids' artwork wall.  After painting the hallway, I knew the black frames would look great against the gray/khaki colored wall!  Late this summer/early fall, I had gather enough frames and spray painted them all of them black.  Now to just take the time to hang them...well that didn't happen until today!  I decided I needed to finish that project and get a place for all the school artwork that the girls bring home on an almost daily basis.  I measured the wall space where the frames were going up, then laid out a blanket on the floor in approximately the same size area so I could lay out the frames and get the look I wanted with all the different sizes and textures.  Then to find some artwork to hang.  I need to have the kids create some smaller pieces as I have about 3 or 4 frames that still need something in them.  Then, it was time to hang the frames.  This is where I really would like sheetrock walls!  The old wood paneling in this house and the lack of regularly space studs makes hammering a nail in a challenge at times.  I've had enough of that to last me for quite a while!  I think I'll try to wait to let Aaron help me with that kind of project from now on...maybe he won't bend as many nails. :)  Here's a few pictures of my organizing/decor project today!

Looking at the full wall of art!

I found this fun wooden frame out in one of the sheds here on the farm!

This was a gold metal frame...I like it better in black!

No comments:

Post a Comment