Monday, February 15, 2010

What a Day!

So, today was the day for my surgery...7 teeth.  Wow.  We were supposed to be in GF by 8:30am.  We were about 15 minutes late this morning because we couldn't get out of our driveway.  Our driveway runs east and west.  With the lovely north wind we had all day yesterday and last night, it completely filled in.  Wendell went out at around 7am or so this morning to clear it out so the bus could get in to pick up Hailey and so that Aaron and I could get to GF for my appointment.  It was VERY slow going.  After 45 minutes, Wendell wasn't even half way down the driveway.  At that point, one of our neighbors with a bigger tractor came and started from the other end.  They had cleared just enough of a path by 8:15 so we could get thru with Aaron's pickup.  I love ND winters! :)
Our driveway after church on Sunday...

Our driveway just before we were able to drive thru...

On to the surgery.  I found some humor in where the surgery center was located...it's just behind Dairy Queen!  I couldn't eat or drink anything after midnight last night and I was hungry and thirsty as we're driving by DQ.  Then, at the check-in counter they had a bowl of chocolate hearts!  Found that a little funny. :)  Anyways, once I was in my room, I found myself getting a little nervous.  I had to watch a short video about wisdom teeth and all the possible complications.  I realize it's just so we as patients are informed, but do they really have to say that getting anesthesia could result in death?!  So at that point I started praying...I needed God's peace at that moment.  Then, just like at any other time I've had to have my blood drawn or an IV put in, my veins decided to hide in the first arm they looked at for getting my IV for my "drugs".  Thankfully, my right arm usually cooperates when it sees that my left is being a wimp. :)  They started giving me the antibiotics, pain med, and the stuff to knock me out.  He put that in first and I think I was out before he finished with the other 2.  Recovery has been pretty good.  Slight pain, but nothing like when I had the abscessed tooth.  Praise God!  I've been sleepy and a little off-balanced this afternoon, but doing well for just having 7 teeth out.

This a sign that's along interstate on the way to GF and I found it quite fitting in regards to what I wanted to tell the oral surgeon. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment