Thursday, October 28, 2010

Things we do for our kids.

The girls both have their class Halloween parties tomorrow afternoon.  Lexi came home with her party list on Tuesday, I believe, and she was responsible for bringing 2 dozen cupcakes.  No problem.  So I started looking for cute ideas to decorate the tops of the cupcakes online and by asking my friends on Facebook.  They had come up with a few different ideas.  THEN...Hailey comes home Wednesday from school with her party list and guess what she's supposed to bring?!  Yes, 2 dozen cupcakes.  So, now I'm having to find something super easy and still cute for 48 cupcakes.  I found a super cute idea from AllRecipes.com for Bat Cupcakes.  http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Bat-Cupcakes/Detail.aspx
Judy was able to have Jacob over at their place for the afternoon so I could crank out these cupcakes and I'm so glad she did that!  Here's some pictures from my cooking fun this afternoon.  I'm excited to see what the kids think tomorrow when I bring then to the girls' classrooms!

48 cupcakes baked and ready to decorate!

The cookies cut in half for the bat wings.

Turning the white frosting orange. 

Unwrapping the Hershey's Kisses for the bat body. 

24 of the cupcakes are finished! 

Close-up of the chocolate and orange frosting bats. 

All done!  They're so cute! 




No comments:

Post a Comment